What we do
last updated on June 19th 2023
Personal data is processed and secured by Telesto Group B.V. (hereinafter referred to as “Telesto”) through its website. Telesto considers careful handling of personal data to be of great importance.
Privacy Statement Includes
This privacy statement includes the following points, among others:
- Clear mention of the purposes for which Telesto processes personal data, as stated in this privacy statement;
- Collection of personal data limited to the data necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Explicit consent is requested from you by Telesto when your consent is required to process your personal data;
- No disclosure of your data to third parties by Telesto, unless it is necessary to provide the requested service or if Telesto is legally obligated to do so;
- Implementation of appropriate security measures by Telesto to protect your personal data, and Telesto also requires the same from parties processing personal data on behalf of Telesto;
- Respect for your rights, such as the right to access, correct, or delete your personal data upon your request.
Use of Personal Data
When you visit our website, create an account, request a brochure, fill out the contact page, or use other features of our website, you provide us with certain personal data.
You may also have provided us with data over the phone. We only collect, store, and use the personal data that you provide directly or that is clearly provided to us for processing.
We use the following data:
- Name, address, and contact details;
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Other contact information;
- Login details;
- Payment details;
- IP address;
- Chamber of Commerce (Kvk) number and VAT number;
- Gender (for billing and correspondence purposes);
- Other data provided by you.
We use this data for the following purposes:
- Providing access to our website, www.Telesto.nl;
- Using functionalities on our website;
- Offering our services and products;
- Storage for the execution of the Agreement and publication in the Whois database;
- Informing about disruptions and maintenance of our services;
- Providing access to the Customer Portal, where you can access your administration;
- Granting access to your account;
- Processing your order and providing information about its progress;
- Contacting you when requested;
- Contacting you by phone;
- Gaining insight into the use of our website;
- Improving and evaluating our website and services;
Security of Personal Data
We take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to limit misuse and unauthorized access to your personal data. We use strict security procedures and access control.
Telesto also uses secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer or SSL) to protect all information transmitted between you and the website.
Telesto does not intend to collect data from individuals under the age of 18 and does not provide services to minors. If you come across personal data of a minor despite this, please contact us, and we will remove that information.
We do not retain the provided data longer than necessary to achieve the purposes mentioned in this privacy and cookie statement. We adhere to the legal retention period of 7 years, depending on the data and documents. We apply this retention period only to data that must be kept for that long according to tax legislation. We retain other data for an additional 1 year after the termination of the agreement (for example, after you have canceled or decided not to renew your Telesto service).
Confidentiality & Disclosure to Third Parties
We handle your personal data confidentially. We do not provide the personal data collected through our website to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Furthermore, we will not disclose the information you provide to other parties unless it is necessary for the execution of the agreement or if we are legally permitted or required to do so.
Cookies are used on the Telesto website. Cookies may also be placed by third parties that Telesto has engaged. You are free to disable cookies through your browser settings.
You can find information on how to disable cookies through the help function of your browser. Please note that disabling cookies may affect the optimal functioning of our website.
Cookies are placed and accessed by Google through our website as part of Google Analytics. We use these services to track and receive reports on how our visitors use the website and how visitors arrive at our website through the Google search engine.
We have made various agreements with Google to protect your personal data, including:
- setting up Google Analytics in a privacy-friendly manner;
- entering into a data processing agreement with Google;
- masking the last digits of your IP address.
Cookies are placed and accessed by YouTube through our website when an embedded video is viewed.
The information collected by Google through our website is transferred to and stored on servers in the United States. Google adheres to several self-regulatory frameworks, including the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Visit the Privacy Shield website for more information about the EU-US Privacy Shield program and to view Google’s certification.
The privacy and cookie statement does not apply to third-party websites linked to our website. We cannot guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner.
We recommend reading the privacy statement of third-party websites before visiting them or providing them with your personal data for more information on how they handle your data.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
If you have provided us with personal data, you have the right to request access to, correction, deletion, or in some cases, objection, restriction, or portability of your data. You can submit this request by contacting us through our contact page or by calling us at +31 70 200 24 77.
To prevent misuse, we may ask you to provide adequate identification. In many cases, you can also access or modify your data by logging in to Telesto.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookie Statement
Telesto may change this privacy and cookie statement from time to time. Changes will be published on this website. Therefore, it is advisable to regularly consult this privacy and cookie statement to stay informed about any changes.
If you wish to contact Telesto regarding this privacy statement, you can use the following contact information:
Phone: +31 70 200 24 77
Address: Binckhorstlaan 36, unit C1.49, 2516 BE The Hague, Netherlands
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Telesto is committed to assisting you if you have any complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
If you are unable to resolve the issue with Telesto, you have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch data protection authority, the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
You can contact the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens for further assistance.